Different Career Opportunities in SAP HANA
SAP HANA is one of the fastest emerging technologies, and therefore, there are plenty of career opportunities in this particular field. SAP HANA is one among the fast-growing products in the SAP’s history; the industries are considering it as a pioneering approach for in-memory databases. It is the quicker data processing software developed by SAP. As SAP HANA technology is enhancing rapidly, the SAP HANA job profiles are ranked as highly paid jobs in the IT industry as compared to other modules of SAP. SAP HANA encourages various processes such as applications and analytics, data processing, in-memory platform, and linking databases and application platform capabilities. SAP HANA and its related modules are designed to develop a new environment where HANA can manage other SAP modules. Therefore, it is the correct time to enter into the SAP HANA career. This article highlights various career opportunities in SAP HANA and importance of learning this platform.
SAP HANA is commonly known as the next-generation business suite that carries together:
- Advanced Analytics
- Business Transactions
- Social Media
- Design Connections
- Mobile Experience
- Collaborative Business
Reasons why employees choose SAP HANA?
Most of the peoples who are working in the manufacturing industries such as an automobile, chemical plants, and steel plants have a solid profile. They have to perform various strict job roles like maintenance engineer have to do high physical activities; they have huge pressure on maintaining machine, etc. Therefore, people are moving towards the IT sector. If anyone wants to enter into the IT industries, SAP HANA is the best option for them. Due to the following reasons most of the people prefer SAP HANA:
- They can receive a high package salary
- They can live a less stressful life
- There will be a lot of career opportunities in future
- They can get the SAP certification at any stage; thus the job is secured
- They will get a chance to work with software that shows more creativity
Career Development in SAP HANA
SAP HANA guarantees the best career development. SAP has released HANA as the platform and database on which the entire application will function in the future. As there is a great demand for the SAP HANA professionals; this indicates the success of this migration. Also, HANA remains as one of the best solutions that provide profitable income to the businesses; hence clients in the IT industry started to capitalize in this particular platform. The career growth in the SAP HANA is inspiring, and it would proceed too far.
At present, candidates who have experience in SAP HANA are paid with the highest salary. The average salary in SAP in the USA is around $33 per hour or $64, 540 per year. According to the study carried on 255 salaries, extracted from the SAP job description, the fresher’s can get salary about $45,000 whereas the experienced employees can get up to $90,000 salary.
Below are the average salaries for the SAP-related jobs:
- SAP HANA Consultants can receive around $97,143
- SAP Business Analysts receive around $84, 406
- SAP Consultants receive around $68, 528
- Functional Business Analysts receive around $92, 902
The following table demonstrates the comparison of SAP salaries over minimum wage and the average wage in the USA.
The below figure depicts the average salary of SAP HANA developers per year in the USA.
Road-Map to Start an SAP HANA Career:
Any candidate who wants to begin his/her career in SAP HANA below is some of the areas that they can choose to specialize.
SAP HANA Modeling:
If anyone want to specialize in this role, they should have SAP HANA modeling skills. The candidate should also have knowledge of BW on SAP HANA for glowing in this role. The roadmap of HANA modeler learning includes the associates as well as professional certification, which will boost your career.
SAP HANA Application Development:
SAP HANA application development role requires candidates who have SAP HANA development skills. According to the applications, it would be an added advantage if a candidate knows HANA ABAP or HANA XS.
SAP HANA Database Administration and Security:
If anyone wants to enter in this role, he or she should be able to manage recovery, backup, security, general administration and performance on the database of the SAP HANA.
SAP HANA DATA Replication:
This role covers SLT replication, DXC, and BODS. It also includes the responsibilities such as replication setup, supporting data replication from various sources to HANA systems.
Since the market trend is enhancing day-by-day and numerous areas will be progressive in the future, it is a bit difficult to sketch the career roadmap of SAP HANA.
If anyone wants to master in SAP HANA and prepare for the job, here are some of the points to follow:
- To start a career in SAP HANA, the candidate must have primary knowledge of this platform.
- Enroll with an SAP HANA training course. The training centre provides you a complete study material and training videos on SAP HANA.
- Get training on live server access to enhance your confidence level on HANA.
- To appear for certification; you can test your skills with practice exams.
- Once you achieve the certification, then you can start practicing with interview question before looking for the job.
Well, it is not only enough to learn, get trained, and certification to achieve a great career in the SAP HANA. It is equally important to be aware of where your skills can be suited in.
Classification in SAP HANA consulting:
It is important to know that the SAP HANA professionals are referred as SAP HANA Consultants. Similar to other technologies, SAP HANA includes plenty of sub-categories. It is suggested to have a clear idea of different classes before taking final decisions. The candidate can choose the field based on his/her interest and skills. Before starting to learn the subject matters, try to figure out which one of these sub-category will suit you best.
Below are some categories which provide you an idea of different job roles of SAP HANA consultant, you can choose the profile which suits you to become an SAP HANA professional.
- SAP HANA Performance Consultant: The SAP HANA performance consultant is responsible for continuing the ideas developed by the Business Consultant. Then they create architectures, clarifications and build using HANA enterprise. Usually, this consultant develops models using the SAP HANA Modeller tool.
- SAP HANA In-Memory Business Consultant: These consultants differentiate more than one business verticals, and typically a count of business lines, with a specialty. For example, supply chains, backend purchase or retail sales. These consultants also identify how in-memory tools can affect businesses and get how to associate the knowledge idea to business environments. It is good to refer the In-memory Business Consultant as the Functional Consultant. As similar to the Finance Business Lines, the talents of this consultant might be applied cross-industry.
- SAP HANA Operational Consultant: The SAP HANA operational consultant has various talents like they have skills in technical architecture, Linux, SAP HANA installation and migrating systems installations. Also, they also have some knowledge of the basis of SAP.
- SAP HANA BW Consultant: SAP HANA BW consultants are responsible for carrying similar job role of a BI technical consultant; but, there are some noticeable skills on modeling, architecting and re-architecting BW solutions within HANA system, which are essential to understand.
- SAP HANA Application Developer: SAP HANA application developer is responsible for developing high-performance applications. The applications are developing regularly; thus it requires modifying HANA. Therefore, any applications which you are planning to develop doesn’t matter whether it is a mobile application using an application layer or the HANA XS layer, or ABAP applications using the HANA database, it is important to know the current in-memory computing concepts and development platforms.
- SAP HANA Security Consultant: SAP HANA security consultant must know business security apprehensions, compliance, access and audit, and SAP HANA to manage this well. This is a very important subcategory. As security models, security design, and access control are a distinct model that SAP HANA is measured.
- SAP HANA Project Manager: The SAP HANA Project Manager is responsible for handling how SAP HANA modifies project lifecycles.
SAP HANA is the emerging field. The above details provide you a clear portrait of the various career options of SAP HANA and its importance of learning. Thus, anyone who wants to become SAP HANA professional can get trained and certified in SAP HANA and enhance his or her career with high salary as per the industry standards.